Institute for Security, Technology,
Address: 6211 Sudikoff
My research interests lie in areas of Security, Privacy, and Trustworthiness for Mobile Healthcare, Mobile Social Networks, Internet of Things, and Cloud Computing. My research has been supported by THaW from National Science Foundation. According to Google Scholar, my H-Index is 25 as of June, 2015. Please check my CV for more details [PDF].
Beginning Fall 2015, I will be an Assistant Professor of Computer Science Department at University of Massachusetts Boston. I will be looking for PhD students!
- May 11, 2015 - Our paper "Security and Privacy for Mobile Healthcare Networks - from Quality-of-Protection Perspective" has been accepted by IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, 2015.
- March 24, 2015 - Xiaohui has joined the Technical Program Committee of IEEE INFOCOM 2016.
- Februray 19, 2015
Our paper "Enabling Fine-grained Multi-keyword Search Supporting Classified Sub-dictionaries over Encrypted Cloud Data" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2015.
- January 5, 2015 -
Xiaohui attended the National Science Foundation Secure and
Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) Principal Investigators' Meeting and presented a poster on
January 5-7, 2015 in Arlington, Virginia.
- December 1, 2014 - Xiaohui received the "Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction" from Vanderbilt University's course "An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching". (196 out of 5908 participants, 3.3%)
- November 16, 2014 -
Our paper "Exploiting Mobile Social Behaviors for Sybil Detection" has been accepted by IEEE INFOCOM 2015 (Acceptance ratio 19%)
- August 19, 2014 - Xiaohui gave a presentation on "Securely Connecting Wearable Health Devices to External Displays," USENIX Summit on Health Information Technologies, August, 2014. Presentation
- July 21, 2014 -
Our recent SpringerBriefs book "Security and Privacy in Mobile Social
Networks", was reviewed in July’s ACM Computing Reviews. Review
- June 16-19, 2014 - Xiaohui attended Mobisys 2014 held in Bretton Woods, US, and presented a poster "Balancing Disclosure and Utility of Personal Infomation".
- April 27-May 2, 2014 - Xiaohui attended Infocom 2014 held in Toronto, Canada.
- January 23, 2014 - Xiaohui joined the Department of Computer Science at Dartmouth College as a Postdoctoral Researcher, funded by Trustworthy Health and Wellness (THaW).
- December, 2014 - Xiaohui attended the Trustworthy Health and Wellness (THaW) Kick-off meeting.
- November, 2013 - Our SpringerBriefs book "Mobile Social Network: Challenges and Solutions of Security and Privacy" has been submitted and accepted.
- August, 2013 - Xiaohui received the "Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies" honour from University of Waterloo.
- June, 2013 - Our paper "EPS: An Efficient and Privacy-Preserving Service Searching Scheme for Smart Community" has been accepted by IEEE Sensor Journal.
- May, 2013 - Xiaohui received the Doctoral Thesis Completion Award, University of Waterloo.
- January, 2013 - Our paper "Fully Anonymous Profile Matching in Mobile Social Networks" has been accepted by IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.