My research interests are mobile sensing, wireless networking, and visible light communication, and I am also broadly interested in machine learning and energy-efficient devices.
*H-index = 2, Citation = 18 according to Google Scholar.
- Tianxing Li, Chuankai An, Andrew Campbell, and Xia Zhou, HiLight: Hiding Bits in Pixel Translucency Changes, ACM Workshop on Visible Light Communication Systems (VLCS), 2014, Best Paper Award [pdf]
- Rui Wang, Fanglin Chen, Zhenyu Chen, Tianxing Li, Gabriella Harari, Stefanie Tigno, Xia Zhou, Dror Ben-Zeev, and Andrew T. Campbell, StudentLife: Assessing Mental Health, Academic Performance and Behavioral Trends of College Students using Smartphones, Ubicomp 2014, Best Paper Nominee [pdf]
- Zhenyu Chen, Mu Lin, Fanglin Chen, Lane, N.D., Cardone, G.,Rui Wang, Tianxing Li, Yiqiang Chen, Choudhury, T. Campbell, A.T., Unobtrusive sleep monitoring using smartphones, Pervasive Health 2013, [pdf]
- Fang Wang, Tianxing Li, Yi Li, Dual deblurring leveraged by image matching, ICIP 2013 (Oral), [pdf]
Current Research Project
I am currently working on a visible light communication (VLC) project. At the current stage, I built a display-camera link VLC testbed and I am exploring any killer applications on this platform.
Previous Research Project
This is my master thesis project. As we know that many apps like Skype or Hangouts require network connection all the time. Compared with 3G/4G date usage, Wi-Fi is free and low battery cost. Besides, if people go aboard and do not have data roaming, Wi-Fi could be their unique choice to get access to the Internet. Keeping Wi-Fi connection when phone is in lock-mode is a challenging problem. Some smartphone like iPhone will turn Wi-Fi off when the phone is in lock-mode, it is inevitable introduce more cost due to 3G data usage. While, Android phone could keep Wi-Fi antenna scanning with a fixed scanning interval when phone is locked. But, in this case, main processor is on every time when Wi-Fi scans the surround APs. It will cost more battery power, and when user move, the connectivity of the phone is not good. My project is to about offloading Wi-Fi functions from smartphone’s OS down to the Wi-Fi chipset. Since Wi-Fi will not wake up the main processor every time it scan the surrounding APs, it will not only save more battery power, but also keep good Wi-Fi connection.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Lab 147 Sudioff Building, Dartmouth College, NH 03755