Subject: Instrumental music with alfabeto

From: "Monica Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:53:36 +0100

I am sure we have discussed this before but are there any other sources
   of purely instrumental music besides Marini  with alfabeto?

   Monica

   --

---

From: "Lex Eisenhardt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 08:40:14 +0200

Not purely instrumental, but there is the ritornello in 'Tu vedi alato' from
Stefano Landi's Quinto Libro D'Arie (1637), with only a bass line in staff
and alfabeto. However, there seem to be different options for performance (I
recorded it with guitar only). 

Lex

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens
Monica Hall
Verzonden: dinsdag 30 april 2013 22:54
Aan: Vihuelalist
Onderwerp: [VIHUELA] Instrumental music with alfabeto

   Monica

   --

To get on or off this list see list information at
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

---

From: Martyn Hodgson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 07:57:32 +0100 (BST)

Sonata di Chittarra, e Violino, con il suo Basso Continuo (from Granata
   Soavi Concenti... 1659) - mixed tablature guitar ie with alfabeto as
   well as 'Italian' tablature notation

   And, of course, the numerous books of alfabeto settings of known tunes
   (eg Ricci Scuola d'intavolatura,  etc....)  which, I presume, may have
   been sung to and/or the melody played by another instrument........ as
   fancy took them.

   rgds

   Martyn
   --- On Tue, 30/4/13, Monica Hall <[email-masked]> wrote:

     From: Monica Hall <[email-masked]>
     Subject: [VIHUELA] Instrumental music with alfabeto
     To: "Vihuelalist" <[email-masked]>
     Date: Tuesday, 30 April, 2013, 21:53

      I am sure we have discussed this before but are there any other
   sources
      of purely instrumental music besides Marini  with alfabeto?
      Monica
      --
   To get on or off this list see list information at
   [1]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

   --

References

   1. http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

---

From: "Monica Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:51:52 +0100

Thanks to both of you for the information.

Monica