Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] De Visee

From: "Monica Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:28:57 +0100

I was gob-smacked when I read it.   Does Satoh really say that De Visee
   was born in Portugal without there being any evidence to that effect?
   That really is reprehensible.

   As ever

   Monica

   ----- Original Message -----

   From: [1]Martyn Hodgson

   To: [2]Monica Hall

   Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:13 PM

   Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] De Visee

   Yes I was a bit surprised too when I read it in the CD review section
   of Clifford's latest EMR. I have much respect for Stewart (the
   reviewer) but think he can be a little unquestioning at times!
   regards
   Martyn
     __________________________________________________________________

   From: Monica Hall <[3][email-masked]>
   To: Vihuelalist <[4][email-masked]>
   Sent: Tuesday, 6 August 2013, 13:49
   Subject: [VIHUELA] De Visee
     I just read in a review of Toyohiko Satoh's latest recording of De
     Visee that De Visee was born in a little village called Viseu in
     Portugal near Coimbra where he learnt the guitar.  After studying at
     university he moved to Paris where he studied the guitar with
   Corbetta
     and the viol with Fourqueray.
     Has anyone else heard this and does anyone know the source of the
     information?
     As ever
     Monica
     --
   To get on or off this list see list information at
   [5]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

   --

References

   1. mailto:[email-masked]
   2. mailto:[email-masked]
   3. mailto:[email-masked]
   4. mailto:[email-masked]
   5. http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html